- Player/ Team Eligibility
1.1 All players must be of Filipino descent. Filipino descent is defined as any player who has either full or partial Filipino blood lineage.
1.2 Proof of such will need to be presented ONLY when a protest is filed by another team when Filipino lineage is in question.
1.3 Players 17 years old and under requires parental/ guardian consent signed on the team registration forms.
1.4 MAXIMUM of 15 and MINIMUM of 8 players per team can register per team to allow for work and personal schedule adjustments and or unforeseen incidents such as injuries. Player stats can only be calculated however for a maximum of 12 players during each game. Awards/medals will only be provided to maximum 12 players as well.
1.5 In order to play in a match a minimum of 5 players per team in complete uniform will be allowed to play. In the case when the empty spot is to serve, the team with 5 players will have to turn over serve and award a point to the opposing team. A Libero cannot be the 5th player unless he/she changes to regular uniform with same jersey number.
- Transgender Athlete Policy – In reference to Volleyball Canada, a transgender person may play as a gender he/she is being reassigned to, provided that he/she submits documentation from a recognized medical practitioner that gender reassignment requirements have been satisfied on a medical standpoint. One transgender can be allowed per team. Please refer to VLeague Winnipeg Guidelines for Transgender Athletes.
- OFFICIAL LIST – Only players on the official list shall be permitted to play. NO registration form, NO signature, NO play. Teams are permitted to revise their rosters until the day before the Opening Ceremony.
- REGISTRATION FEES are non- refundable. Individual receipts for team sponsors can be provided upon request.
- APPROVED UNIFORMS
5.1 Matching uniform jerseys with required V-LEAGUE Winnipeg logos are legal uniforms. Matching shorts are NOT required. (see jersey guidelines on registration forms for logo details)
5.2 Numbers on the shirt’s center front and center back are mandatory. Team Captain’s number in front MUST have an underline. Any number from 00-99 is allowed on the player jersey. Names are optional.
5.3 Only approved uniforms shall be worn during the games (5.1), NO uniform – NO play.
5.4 Each player is assigned a jersey number which CANNOT be transferred to another active player. Teams or players that fail to comply with the aforementioned shall NOT be allowed to play which may or may not result to a game DEFAULT. An replacement jersey is
acceptable provided that it will be presented to the committee prior to the game and should bear the same number, required logos, and same dominant color as the original.
5.5 LIBERO – a libero must wear a different color jersey uniform with his/her assigned number.
5.6 A libero can be moved up as a substitute to an injured or regular player provided he/she wears the team’s regular uniform and registered to the committee before start of the game. 5.7 A libero’s jersey cannot be used as a replacement jersey.
5.8 Libero’s can change every set provided the players original jersey number remains the same and libero jersey guidelines are followed.
- ACCESSORIES – Jewelry, eye glasses or any accessories that may cause injury or give artificial advantage to the player will be left to the discretion of the MVOA referee and when allowed, the player accepts all risks.
- WARM UP/PRE MATCH FORMALITIES
7.1 Official Warm-up will start 15 Minutes before the POSTED GAME TIME when possible.
7.2 Court will be shared by both teams for 5 minutes during warm up/ 1 minute serving
7.3 Toss Coin and game preparation/R5 lineup submission – 5 minutes
7.4 MATCH WILL START EXACTLY AS SCHEDULED regardless if some players were not able to warm up due to being late. A team MUST have at least 5 players ON THE PLAYING COURT and IN PROPER UNIFORM ready to play. (see guideline 1.5 when only 5 players available)
7.4.1In case s where there is only 5 available players on court to play, whenever it is the blank spots turn to serve, a side out and point is awarded to the opposite team.
8.1 In the event that a team is incomplete on the posted match time, the team will be declared DEFAULT and automatically loses ONLY the 1st SET at the score of 25-0 in favor of the opposing team.
8.2 The team will be given 15 MINUTES from posted match time to complete the required minimum of 6 players in order to continue and play for the 2nd SET.
8.3 If the team is still INCOMPLETE after the 15-minute grace period, the team again loses the 2nd set to the score of 25-0 in favor of the opposing team. The Opposing team will be declared WINNER for the match 2 sets to none during round robin, 3 sets to none during play offs.
- GAME SCHEDULES & VENUES
9.1 Games shall be played normally on Sundays at the league’s official gym locations.
9.2 Games can be cancelled and changed to another day and/or a different venue due to reservation cancellations or any unforeseen circumstances.
9.3 It is the teams responsibility to regularly check the leagues Facebook page or website for incidental or unforeseen schedule changes and announcements communicated by the league organizers.
9.4 To maximize the gym usage, a team may play 2-3 games per day back to back when unavoidable.
9.5 Game schedule switching request shall NOT be allowed.
9.6 Official game balls shall be provided each game (Mikasa green/yellow Vleague balls); teams are required to bring their own warm up balls.
- DISCLOSURE – Game Officials and table committees are allowed to play in the league with their respective teams, however, they shall NOT be exempt from the rules and regulation stated herein.
- TABLE COMMITTEES, OFFICIALS, LINE JUDGES- The Manitoba Volleyball Officials Association is the contractor for officiating the V-League Winnipeg. MVOA registered referees are trained and officiates without the assistance of a 2nd referee or line judges particularly high school and college tournaments in Manitoba. Therefore, a SECOND referee (umpire) and Line judges are optional during early tournament preliminary rounds. Table committees shall be composed of 2 record keepers for stats. Score keeping will be sole responsibility of MVOA assigned referee
- TEAM REPRESENTATIVE- ONLY the Team Captain can approach the referee during disputes in the game. When a team captain is not present during the game a game captain is assigned and can approach the referee. No coaches are allowed to approach the chair umpire.
- PROTEST- Any judgment rendered by the referee shall NOT be subject to PROTEST. Referees decisions are FINAL. The chair umpire score shall be the OFFICIAL game score. Any other protest must be submitted within 24 hours after the game in formal writing.
- REMOVAL/ SUSPENSION / BAN
14.1 ALL participants are expected to adhere on the outlined V-League Code of Ethics, Rules and Regulations. The league has Zero Tolerance policy on verbal abuse and / or defamatory remarks directed towards any individual within the game premises and or through social media/electronic postings/text messages.
14.2 During a match, the chair umpire through their own discretion can issue appropriate warnings and or yellow/red cards to any player violating the league rules.
14.3 Players, coaching staff, including spectators violating the code of ethics rule leading to any verbal or physical abuse/attempt towards any other individual shall be considered an assault and therefore the offender shall be removed from the venue immediately.
14.4 Personal statements/ attacks, which may not be limited to verbal in person, texting, print and or social media, that intends to undermine the integrity and credibility of V-League Winnipeg and its organizers shall be grounds for suspension/ ban after careful deliberation of facts by the league Managers led by the league Commissioner
- V-LEAGUE WINNIPEG adopts the FIVB 2021-2024 rules and regulations and shall be modified by the V-League Winnipeg 2023 Rules and Regulations. The league is NOT sanctioned by Volleyball Manitoba.
- Those that are NOT covered under the scope of the V-League Winnipeg rules and regulations shall be decided by the League Managers headed by the Commissioner.